Shop Manual Vol. II, 3rd Edition
Volume 2 adds to, but does not replace Kuhnhausen’s original Volume 1.
600 new drawings, graphics and photos specially produced for this superb new book.
Volume 2 continues on where Volume 1 leaves off-
And, Volume 2 has even more:
More on basic pistol function; more on design theory; more parts data; more on parts fitting; more on barrel fitting; more on accurizing; more on reliability; and more on everything…
Expanded edition – 207 pages with plastic laminated soft cover.
This is not a revision of Volume 1- and not a rehash of old military manuals!
This brand new superbook is absolutely loaded with new and updated material, parts dimension & hardness specs, and the nuts and bolts tech data required to dimensionally inspect, restore, repair & build super accurate, super reliable, “blueprint” quality carry and competition grade M1911’s.
With Kuhnhausen’s original Volume 1 and the new Volume 2 – you have in hand more practical M1911 info and tech data than ever before published in the entire history of the U.S. M1911 and M1911A1 Pistols!
Highlights from this book:
- Basic M1911 and M1911A1 Pistol design and operating theory
- M1911 design safety features
- Fully detailed and illustrated basic design function and cycle of operation section
- Bench function checks and disassembly/reassembly
- Full parts visual inspection data
- Full parts dimensional inspection data with all critical ordnance parts dimensional specifications (the only M1911/M1911A1 specs there ever were)
- Ordnance specified steels and specified parts hardnesses
- Basic tool and inspection gauge data
- Correct barrel and parts fit, including correct static and dynamic barrel clearance
- Building/assembling standard and improved performance M1911/M1911A1 Pistols
- Building/assembling accurized and optimum performance competition grade M1911’s
- And a whole lot more…